Classic/Antique Car Repair/modelaford

Question
Jack         What is your opinion on souping up a model a engine?  milling head etc.         I have always built mine strictly stock and they run fine with no rear main leaks.          I watch all your model a vidios and enjoy them very much I am 79 and all my model a freinds are already dead and the nearest model a club is 100 miles from here          IN the 1995 roundup how did that clown come out with his timing gear? That has always bugged me Iknow what it is to change a timing gear.

Answer
Stock is the only way to go.  If it is not fast enough for you, you are in the wrong car.  I just turned 79, but we have a great club here in Michigan.  Do not "Kluge up" you car.  I wrote a paper on this.  If you make it different, you better know how to fix it, because your friends won't know what you have and will not have spare parts to fix it.
I don't remember the timing gear issue.  I'll have to watch the video.  I changed one when I was a kid, but have not been in to one is a long time.  Good luck, jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm