Classic/Antique Car Repair/REPAIR OF MODEL A FORD GAS TANK

Question
DO YOU KNOW OF ANY PLACE IN PHOENIX AZ THAT CUTS OPEN THE GAS TANK AND WELDS IT BACK AFTER CLEANING?

Answer
No, but I'm sure there are shops around who would do it.  Call around to muffler and tire shops.  You will find one.  I have never heard of anyone cutting the tank apart.  Usually they clean it with chemicals and put something in the tank like a chain and rotate the tank and knock all the junk loose, then slosh it with a plastic coating.  The Tire Kindom near me will do it in SC.  Since you are dealing with a gas tank, a few people will not want to do it, but there is not much danger just cleaning it out.  I have heard of tanks being welded to fix leaks.  Good luck.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm