Classic/Antique Car Repair/1986 Ford Bronco Starting

Question
Please help my sanity. I have a 1986 Ford Bronco 5.0. About 3 weeks ago my wife was driving the car and when she returned to the car to start it it wouldn't start.  A mobile mechanic said it was the solenoid (i hope right spelling - part mounted on side wall next to battery. Still didn't start. Then the electronic ignition starter, still didn't start - then the fuel pump, filter. Still wouln't start. At this point took it to an electric shop - DC Electric in Bellflower - they replaced the starter - this time it started and three miles down the road cut off.  Waited two hours then it started and got it home. Next morning started went three miles cut off. Electric guy said maybe it was the electronic module on the side of the distributor. So I replaced it same problem won't start. Then the original mechanic returned and suggested that i replace the entire distributor which i did and he installed - same result. There is spark and fuel flowing. No clue.

Answer
First I apologize for the time delay getting back to you but the flue bug took a bite out of me and at my age I do not bounce back too quickly. Now a couple of questions and then we can get down to brass tacks. When the car won't start does the starter crank the engine over? If so is the cranking speed up to normal or does it drag and turn slowly? According to my manuals the engine is fuel injected and has what we call a TFI module in the distributor. Is this correct or has some one changed it over to a carburetor? If it still fuel injection how did you check to see if it was delivering fuel to the engine? Get back to me with the answers and we will get to it quick.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears