Classic/Antique Car Repair/problem with car

Question
I have a 1968 Mercedes 250se hard starting and when I get it to start it quits or if I put in gear it stalls, please help

Answer
Hello Hugo,

I think you may have accidentally selected the wrong category...so at the bottom of my response, I have a couple suggestions that might help you.  For starters, I have volunteered to answer questions that relate to “Automotive Wooden Interior Trim” - specifically the “Real” wood trim parts found in Jaguars, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls-Royce, Bentleys, BMWs, Jensen Healeys, Austin Healeys, Triumphs - etc. etc. etc.

I do appreciate you asking me a question, however that is NOT in my area expertise.

So IF the woodwork in your 250 is having trouble.....I can help.

Thank you.

OH, and for what it is worth, I would think that you Might be able to find or order a repair manual for your car, either from a Local Parts Store or Amazon, Borders or maybe on eBay etc. etc.  It would be a good idea to have one, if you are going to do mechanical work yourself.  

Also for what it is worth, I would think that you might want to search for a classic/vintage car club in your area.  Many folks in clubs are very helpful people and may be able to help you find your answer...making a friend or two in that "world" would be very helpful, especially if you are going to do mechanical work yourself.  Who knows, maybe one of those folks has had the same problem or can assist you personally with the answer to your question.

(I would appreciate you taking the time to Rate my response....thanks)  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Jeff Wayco