Classic/Antique Car Repair/vintage heaters

Hi Brad,you have helped me in the past and for that thank you again.This time I have a question concerning the installation of a heater in a 1937 Ford that I recently purchased. The car came from Arizona so it never did have a heater. Can you assist me at all with how to install one? Where would the heater hoses be installed? The water pumps don't have any outlets on them as my "47 Ford does. On the 1947 I own, one hose is attached to the water pump and the other is attached to the cylinder head. On my 1937,there is a threaded plug on the cylinder head where I could attach one hose but there are no outlets on the water pumps. Any ideas on how to do this? Thank you in advance for ANY help you can provide. Best regards,Tom

The heaters in these cars used the plug on the cylinder head for the inlet line for the heater and a special fitting was inserted into lower hose for the outlet for the heater. Mac's Antique Auto lists this item in their catalog. The part number is 91A-15160. You can call Mac's at 1-800-777-0948 or on line at  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.