Classic/Antique Car Repair/1924 cadillac

I recently purchase a 1924 Cadillac.  I need to get a relationship with a knowledgeable repair person in Los Angeles area. Specifically need to have car checked for timing, clutch adjustment and possible small head gasket leak. Transmission grinds on changing gears.  I doubt there is syncro on this car but I would expect somewhat smoother shift.  Thanks for any help.

As I am based in south west Florida this is a bit out of my reach. That said I would contact several of the old car clubs in the area and specifically any Cadillac club. Try the following web site‎. I am sure that there are members in your area that would be more than happy to help find a good Cadillac doctor. The car does not have syncro's in the transmission and there is the art of double clutching and speed matching involved in shiftong these old cars.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.