Classic/Antique Car Repair/1924 cadillac

Question
I recently purchase a 1924 Cadillac.  I need to get a relationship with a knowledgeable repair person in Los Angeles area. Specifically need to have car checked for timing, clutch adjustment and possible small head gasket leak. Transmission grinds on changing gears.  I doubt there is syncro on this car but I would expect somewhat smoother shift.  Thanks for any help.

Answer
As I am based in south west Florida this is a bit out of my reach. That said I would contact several of the old car clubs in the area and specifically any Cadillac club. Try the following web site www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/‎. I am sure that there are members in your area that would be more than happy to help find a good Cadillac doctor. The car does not have syncro's in the transmission and there is the art of double clutching and speed matching involved in shiftong these old cars.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears