Classic/Antique Car Repair/1937 chevrolet overheating

I have a 1937 chevrolet completely original having trouble overheating very quickly when in traffic or at a stop light.Did all the normal ngs radiator sent to radiator shop, new rebult water pump, tried to flush the block, new thermostate,installes a electric fan in front of radiator ect.

What does the temperature run at when driving down the road? Does the radiator boil when it over heats? What is the ignition timing set at? Retarded timing could cause it to run hot. Have you checked the coolant temperature with an eternal thermometer ? I use a kitchen thermometer in the radiator neck. Get back to me. Brad

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.