Classic/Antique Car Repair/Help needed with 1965 truck project

Question
We are restoring a 1965 pickup that is a 283 automatic with factory air.  I'm wondering if this is rare?  I think most had a 260 didn't they?  No a/c usually.

Also is there a way to decode the VIN?  C1535s114225  Does this mean it is a C15?

I think it I've got part of the VIN and maybe I'm wrong but is it, Conventional (2WD), 1/2 ton, long wheelbase, chassis and cab, 1965 and St. Louis, MO.  The rest I'm not sure about, 114225.  Is that how many were made?  The information I found said the last numbers are a sequential serial number, but I don't completely understand what that means??  

How can I find out what options it came out with, etc?

I know it is a lot, I appreciate any and all help you can give me.  Maybe you can answer my questions or point me in the right direction.  Thank you

Answer
First of all the last 6 numbers are the sequential serial number. Most makes start off each model year with 100001 so your truck is the 14224th truck built that model year. Factory air in 1965 was not a common item on auto's and trucks produced in the US so that makes it a bit of a rarity. Some of the items on the trick when it was built can be determined from information on the Body Trim Tag. It should be on the firewall under the hood. To decode it I use a web site http://www.drivinithome.com/gm-body-tag-decoding/ for a starter. To decode the VIN I use web site http://www.decodethis.com/Pattern-Details/id/47. However when I punched in your numbers it came unable to decode. So, check the VIN again. Another site for trim tag decode is http://www.nastyz28.com/decode.php. For the exact list of what was on the truck when produced you would need the build sheet, On some models it was glued to the inside of the cab behind the seat.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears