Classic/Antique Car Repair/window removal

Question
Requesting the method to remove the rear side window in my 1930 Model A coupe.

Answer
I have never removed the quarter glass, but it must not be hard to do.  My books do not say much about it.  Glass is usually held into place by the seal. The seal for the A is U shaped.  Remove the garnish molding and any clips you see and push the window from the outside.  It should come out.  It you are still having trouble, call Snyders and ask them.  The new seal is shown on page A 190 of their catalog.  Their number is 330-549-5313.  Sorry I can't be of more help, but I have never been down that road.  I guess my quarter windows have always stayed in place.  jack

A friend sent this note to me on the subject.  It may be of some help to you.

You may have to take a stanley knife and cut the u-molding on the inside (you will want to replace it anyway).  You may have to push quite hard but it should come out.  It could be siliconed in.   Also, it could be glued in which is why it won't come out.

jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm