Classic/Antique Car Repair/window removal

Requesting the method to remove the rear side window in my 1930 Model A coupe.

I have never removed the quarter glass, but it must not be hard to do.  My books do not say much about it.  Glass is usually held into place by the seal. The seal for the A is U shaped.  Remove the garnish molding and any clips you see and push the window from the outside.  It should come out.  It you are still having trouble, call Snyders and ask them.  The new seal is shown on page A 190 of their catalog.  Their number is 330-549-5313.  Sorry I can't be of more help, but I have never been down that road.  I guess my quarter windows have always stayed in place.  jack

A friend sent this note to me on the subject.  It may be of some help to you.
You may have to take a stanley knife and cut the u-molding on the inside (you will want to replace it anyway).  You may have to push quite hard but it should come out.  It could be siliconed in.   Also, it could be glued in which is why it won't come out.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm

Only repair type questions on the 1928-1931 Ford Model A.

Owned one when I was 15 yrs old, and now have owned 5. Still own and play with 2 of them.

Oakleaf region of MARC. Model A Restorers Club. I have put several Model A videos on the Oakleaf site that may be of help. Things like how to start the A, how to Time it, how to troubleshoot it.. Go to and you will find them. Also, go to and search for "jackbahm" and you will find over a hundred videos. Many about the Model A and our outings. jack

"More than you need to know about cars." Just a small book for Car Nuts. "Model A Ford Tips and Hints" "Get A Horse" (What to do when Henry's Lady quits on you.) or Snyder's Antique Parts. "Engineering Stuff" (For the Kid who likes to take things apart and get them back together). Kids book for ages 10-16. 2012 Many Model A movies that can be found on

BSME LSU, 1958, Masters of automotive engineering from the Chrysler Institute of engineering, 1960, MBA Mich State, 1976. Worked as an engineer at Chrysler from 1958 to the end of 1991.

Two patents while working in auto industry. Go to this site for my Model A videos.