Classic/Antique Car Repair/Last Chance Garage

Question
Is there any possibility of bringing back Last Chance Garage?  It was a really good show, not like a lot of these "pimp my ride" type shows on TV today.  You actually taught car maintenance and offered useful information.
I really miss that show!

Answer
Thank you for the kind words. As far as the show coming back the chances are slim to none. The problem is we used the show as a teaching tool and I designed it that way. I was a Vocational Auto Instructor when we put the show on the air. And as you said the emphasis was on teaching. The current crop of car shows are more about hyping the sponsors product that teaching. There is not a snow balls chance in hell of getting funding to produce a show unless you are willing to sell your soul to the sponsors product, good or bad. I would not use a product on air unless it was truly a good product. As a result I burned a lot of bridges and became a person non grata. After the show ceased I went back to teaching and taught until I was 75. I moved to Florida to get away from the New England cold and now at age over 80 own a small company that rebuilds carburetors for old cars. There is nothing that would please me more than to bring back garage but I refuse to prostitute my integrity. These shows today are more infomercials than teaching opportunities. But again thanks for the kind words, it made this old guys day.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears