Classic/Antique Car Repair/Shock absorber oil

Question
Dear Mr. Bahm, could you please tell me which kind of oil I should use for the shock absorbers? Do you change it every 5000 miles? Thank you very much. Best regards Gernot

Answer
I don't know what oil to use.  Years ago, a supplier told me to use glycern.  I got some and never used it.  Most of our original shocks don't really work very well.  We get them to working, then forget about them until something breaks and we find out that there is no resistance anymore.  I would call Snyders and ask them.  1 330 549 5313.  I don't think there is any schedule that says to change that oil.  Just fill it.  If you consider putting modern shocks on, be careful of the brackets you use.  Most people don't realize the high impact loading on the brackets.  If you know someone running modern shocks, ask them how many times the brackets  have broken.  Most break after a while.  There are good ones out there.  Good luck.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm