Classic/Antique Car Repair/1958 Ford Retractable

Question
Photo 1
Photo 1  

Photo 2
Photo 2  
I have some damage to the rear bumper of our 1958 Ford Retractable.  The vehicle has a contenental kit.  The damage is to the bumper and the extension panel on the right side.  I am looking for a way to get an estimate for repairs.  I have called a couple local Ford body shops.  They will not give an estimate on Antique vehicles.

Answer
It is going to take a little 007 James Bond work on your part to find a body shop that will handle your baby. Forget the dealerships as they are more into insurance and warrantee work and don't like to play with the old stuff. There are small body shops everywhere that do custom, hot rod, street rod, and classic car work, it just takes a little looking. Try a local car club and don't forget the yellow pages. Some times you can get lucky on Google. I just typed "antique auto body repair" into Google and came up with 14 shops here in Fort Myers Florida that do the repairs that you need. Then run the names of the shops through the better business bureau for a rating. Here in Florida repair shops are licensed and controlled by the Department of Agriculture. If your state has regulation of some kind check them to see what information they have on the shops good or bad. Give it a try.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears