Classic/Antique Car Repair/59 FORD RETRACTABLE

Question
HOW WELL VERSED ARE YOU ON 59 RETRACTABLES,I AM THINKING OF BUYING
ONE AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE BACKUP WITH KNOELEDGE

Answer
I was a factory service guy with Ford in 1959 and worked on a lot of them when they were new. The 57 model was a true night are but by 59 they had a lot of bugs worked out. There are several companies that are supplying repair electrical parts for them and the electrical schematics are available. I would have the car checked by a pre buy inspector before making an offer on the car. It will cost a few hundred dollars but well worth it in the end. I do pre buy inspection in Florida and can usually recommend some one in other parts of the country. Do not have "just a friend" act as your pre buy inspector, you want some one that is not afraid to tell you that the car is either wonderful or a piece of s..t. The other thing to be careful with on a 59 is rust. They had major rust issues. Good luck and if I can be of service let e know.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears