Classic/Antique Car Repair/28 model A

Question
Hi Jack-
My 28' has lost all electrical with the exception of the starter.
Nothing registers on the ampmeter not even the starter.  The fuse looks good and all wires seem tight.  The coil is newer but?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Jack

Answer
I'm at a mich model a meet now, but go to YouTube and search for jackbahm. I have a video there on how to troubleshoot the A.  If you can find it, it should help you.  I'll get back to you when I have time. Jack

Try your horn. No horn, trace it to the prob. Look at wiring diagram.
If horn ok, you should have power at both sides of coil. I assume you have a test light.
If not, trace it.
If ok, turn key on, open the points and check for power at point moving arm. If not, look at ignition switch, and connections in instrument pnl. Sometimes the wire from ign. Switch to dist. Is open where it screws into dist. Hard to find.
If all ok, key on Andy points closed, you should have power at only one side of coil. If no, your points are not really closing. Dirt. Open wire. Little wire under top dist plate.
Hope something here helps. Let me know how you make out. Jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm