Classic/Antique Car Repair/QUESTION IGNITION POINTS

Question
Bob hi,  are you familar with ignition points,  I have replaced my coil, condenser and points. Thr problem that I have and had is Im not getting a spark between the points. Im getting a spark from the center shaft of the distributer but not at the points, any ideas.  I appreciate your help. Thanks Ken

Answer
Hello Ken,

This is a strange one as the center post of a distributor should NOT be energized. Check all your primary wiring and grounds going into and within the distributor for both fraying, grounding or polarity. You cannot troubleshoot this further understanding why the post is getting energized. My first place to check once you've confirmed the basics?  Try to find where the primary wire from the coil is grounding out against the distributor shaft.

Good luck (Let me know what you find, I'm interested!)

Bob

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Robert Russell