Classic/Antique Car Repair/1982 Datsun 280ZX

I am looking to sell and old car and not sure where to go to list it or what it is worth.  I am not sure if it is a collectable or not or just a piece of scrap iron.  The car is a 1982 Datsun 280ZX it is not in the best condition, but did run well when it was parked.  It has been parked for quite a few years.  It has 152,000 miles.  Could you give me any ideas of either a value or where to look to find a way to sell it.

The Datsun/Nissan "Z" cars are starting to come up in value, finally. The average value for one in good running condition and decent body and interior would be $5200 for one with out turbo charging and $7500 for a turbo model. Now this is average and will depend on actual condition. Rust was a bif concern on those cars and any rust will drasticly reduce the value. I found several recent sales of cars with restoration such as new paint, new interior rtc selling in the $10 to 14K range. Again it is condition. The two ost common selling tools are Craigs List and Hemings Motor News,

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.