Classic/Antique Car Repair/replaceing glass in 1930 ford coupe

window glass keeps getting cock , glass does not go up evenly,glass tilts forward in tract and jams

Either the glass is out of the tracks, or the regulator arm is out of the guide channel.  Take it all apart and get everything connected.  Before you take things apart, make sure the glass channels are not too far apart.  The book, mechanic's handbook for the A by Les Andrews, on page 1-363 says that the glass will tip forward if the glass is loose in the channels.  That is probably your problem.  Get that book and you should be all set.  Replace the channels or shim the guide to tighten things up.  Get back to me if you still have problems.  You will have to remove the glass to replace the channels.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm

Only repair type questions on the 1928-1931 Ford Model A.

Owned one when I was 15 yrs old, and now have owned 5. Still own and play with 2 of them.

Oakleaf region of MARC. Model A Restorers Club. I have put several Model A videos on the Oakleaf site that may be of help. Things like how to start the A, how to Time it, how to troubleshoot it.. Go to and you will find them. Also, go to and search for "jackbahm" and you will find over a hundred videos. Many about the Model A and our outings. jack

"More than you need to know about cars." Just a small book for Car Nuts. "Model A Ford Tips and Hints" "Get A Horse" (What to do when Henry's Lady quits on you.) or Snyder's Antique Parts. "Engineering Stuff" (For the Kid who likes to take things apart and get them back together). Kids book for ages 10-16. 2012 Many Model A movies that can be found on

BSME LSU, 1958, Masters of automotive engineering from the Chrysler Institute of engineering, 1960, MBA Mich State, 1976. Worked as an engineer at Chrysler from 1958 to the end of 1991.

Two patents while working in auto industry. Go to this site for my Model A videos.