Classic/Antique Car Repair/tire change

Hi Jack- Is it do-able to change tires on my 28 Ford myself.  They are stock 21" wheels.  I have tire irons and have changed
tubes before but never the whole tire.  Thank you for your advice.

Sure, we do it all the time.  It takes mussel and technique, I hope you have.  Warm the tire up before you try to install it.  I would not recommend the vietnam tires if you have a heavy car.  Get Firestone, or a major brand.   When you order the tires, order the rubber bands that protect the tube from the spokes.  We use a plastic garbage bag to make the tires slide on easier.  Just stick with it.  jack  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm

Only repair type questions on the 1928-1931 Ford Model A.

Owned one when I was 15 yrs old, and now have owned 5. Still own and play with 2 of them.

Oakleaf region of MARC. Model A Restorers Club. I have put several Model A videos on the Oakleaf site that may be of help. Things like how to start the A, how to Time it, how to troubleshoot it.. Go to and you will find them. Also, go to and search for "jackbahm" and you will find over a hundred videos. Many about the Model A and our outings. jack

"More than you need to know about cars." Just a small book for Car Nuts. "Model A Ford Tips and Hints" "Get A Horse" (What to do when Henry's Lady quits on you.) or Snyder's Antique Parts. "Engineering Stuff" (For the Kid who likes to take things apart and get them back together). Kids book for ages 10-16. 2012 Many Model A movies that can be found on

BSME LSU, 1958, Masters of automotive engineering from the Chrysler Institute of engineering, 1960, MBA Mich State, 1976. Worked as an engineer at Chrysler from 1958 to the end of 1991.

Two patents while working in auto industry. Go to this site for my Model A videos.