Classic/Antique Car Repair/Mercedes SL500 1982

I am looking for an engine compartment hood for a 1982 SL500 Mercedes. I am wondering about fitment of different years and models?
Thank You,

Hello Ken,

We specialize in the restoration of automotive woodwork...and that Is why I volunteered to answer questions about it.  So If you need your woodwork restored, or If anyone you know needs their car's woodwork restored I can help with that. just so happens that I know of a person who knows just about everything there is to know about MB cars....and so he can answer your "fitment" question.  And even better....he "salvages" and restores MB's so he may have the hood you need. can contact me directly at 805-962-1579  and I'll give you his name and number.

Happy Motoring,

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Jeff Wayco

I can answer general and specific questions that relate to problems with and the repair solutions for, the O.E.M. wooden interior trim found in many marques: Jaguar, Roll-Royce, Mercedes-Benz, Bentley, BMW, Austin Healey, Jensen Healey, Triumph, Lotus etc. etc.

I have co-owned a company called Madera Concepts since founding it in 1982. We specialize in the repair, refinishing and re-veneering of automotive woodwork, from pre-War to date. If the vehicle came from the factory with wooden interior trim, we have seen and restored it.

Rolls-Royce/Bentley Owners Club

BA Industrial Education, Major-Woodworking

All Rolls, Bentley, Jaguar and most Mercedes-Benz Dealerships in the U.S. and Canada. As well as thousands of independent automotive repair shops