Classic/Antique Car Repair/1937 Packard

Question
I am restoring a 1937 Packard 120C. 8 cylinder, flat head.

I was wondering if it is possible to remove two nuts from the
head (that hold it to the block) to stall the bracket for the horn.(without it leaking after)?

Thank you. I will be glad to hear what you have to say on this matter.
Laurent

Answer
Hello Laurent,

For starters, I think you may have accidentally selected the wrong category for an answer to your question...so at the bottom of my response, I have a couple suggestions that might help you.

I have volunteered to answer questions that relate to “Automotive Wooden Interior Trim” - specifically the “Real” wood trim parts found in Jaguars, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls-Royce, Bentleys, BMWs, Jensen Healeys, Austin Healeys, Triumphs - etc. etc. etc.

I do appreciate you asking me a question, however that is NOT in my area expertise.

Should you or any of your fellow automotive enthusiasts have interior wood trim in their vehicles....and IF that wood is having trouble.....I can help.

Thank you.

OH, and for what it is worth, I would think that you Might be able to find or order a repair manual for your car, either from a Local Parts Store or Amazon, Borders or maybe on eBay etc. etc.  It would be a good idea to have one, if you are going to do mechanical work yourself.  

Also for what it is worth, I would think that you might want to search for a classic/vintage car club in your area.  Many folks in clubs are very helpful people and may be able to help you find your answer...making a friend or two in that "world" would be very helpful, especially if you are going to do mechanical work yourself.  Who knows, maybe one of those folks has had the same problem or can assist you personally with the answer to your question.

(I would appreciate you taking the time to Rate my response....thanks)

Good luck and Happy Motoring,

Jeff

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Jeff Wayco