Classic/Antique Car Repair/Brake Light on 1956 Ford Truck

Question
Brad, We have a 1956 Ford F-350 Stake Truck.  Until recently both brake lights worked.  Now the right brake light does not work. right turn signal light works, right tail light works.  On the left side all 3 lights work.  I have traced the green wire from the right brake/stop light up to the steering column and turn signal switch.  We have a good right turn signal light all the way but no right stop light signal.  Now what, I am not comfortable tearing into the turn signal switch but I am afraid that is where my problem is located.

Answer
I think that you have called the problem correctly, I agree with the directional light switch, a common problem in the day. Replacing the switch is relatively straight forward and fairly simple. Pull the steering wheel and the switch is held in with a couple of  Philip's head screws. The trickyest part is connecting the wires at the junction. Make sure that they go back in the same as t frhe old switch.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears