Classic/Antique Car Repair/Firing order on a 1950 Packard straight 8

Question
Hi Brad,

I was wondering if you could get me the firing order on a 1950 Packard Straight eight also the meaning of (10-30) motor Oil?
     Thanks!

Tony

Answer
The oil viscosity rating 10-30 is actually 10W-30. It means that the oil will pour when cold as a straight 10 designated oil. The second number, in this case the 30 means that the oil will stand up to the hammering and heat of a hot engine like a 30 oil.
The firing order for that engine is 1-6-2-5-8-3-7-4 with number one being closest to the radiator or front of car.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears