Classic/Antique Car Repair/Firing order on a 1950 Packard straight 8

Hi Brad,

I was wondering if you could get me the firing order on a 1950 Packard Straight eight also the meaning of (10-30) motor Oil?

The oil viscosity rating 10-30 is actually 10W-30. It means that the oil will pour when cold as a straight 10 designated oil. The second number, in this case the 30 means that the oil will stand up to the hammering and heat of a hot engine like a 30 oil.
The firing order for that engine is 1-6-2-5-8-3-7-4 with number one being closest to the radiator or front of car.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.