Classic/Antique Car Repair/Model A Modern Upper Distributor Plate

Question
QUESTION: Hello Jack, would you recommend to install a modern upper distributor plate? Thank you in advance. Regards Gernot

ANSWER: Some like it and some don't.  I run both.  Let the engine tell you which one it likes best.  I know this sounds silly, but that happens.  Get it and try it out.  Points are a bit harder to deal with, but both are good.  jack

QUESTION: Hello Jack, my car runs great. Les Andrews writes in his book that the cam contact block on the original distributor plate often shows wear - so the points have to be readjusted every 100 miles. You drive a lot with your cars. Do you readjust your points so often?

Answer
I just put in new points today, turns out it was the condenser.  They were in there for 14,000 miles. You don't need. To adjust them any more often. If les is right, it would be hard to measure. Just be sure that upper bushing is not worn. Common problem.  Points always push against the cam in one direction. The upper bush. is not lubed. Jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm