Classic/Antique Car Repair/Touring engine

Question
Hello Jack, my car has a stock Model A engine. Is it necessary for touring to have an engine with insert bearings, balanced crank, lightened flywheel? Do you recommend 3.27 ring and pinion or an overdrive? Thank you in advance. Regards Gernot

Answer
Keep that baby STOCK.  That other stuff is ok, but the A engine is tough and it will handle whatever you give it.  I would love to have all that, but I would not mess up a good engine to put it all in.  If the engine is down and you have extra cash, sure.  
A lot of clubs run overdrive, Ga., Fla., and Texas, but you do not want to drive your car over 50 MPH.  You hit a bump and it wants to change lanes. That suspension is not safe at high speeds.  
Do not kluge up your stock A.  
This is all just my opinion and I'm sure a ton of people will disagree with me.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm