Classic/Antique Car Repair/1925 Dash Light Switch Repair

Question
Good Morning!  I have a 1925 car that has a push/pull dash light switch.  The pushing and pulling connect two copper pieces that completes the circuit to light the dash bulb.

These two copper pieces are mounted on a thick paper material that has broken.  What is this material and where can I find a piece?  Who repairs these kinds of switches?

Thank you very much.

Do visit the Virtual Steam Car Museum!

Don

Answer
Hi Don,

I think you may have accidentally selected the wrong category...so at the bottom of my response, I have a suggestion that might help you.  

For starters, I have volunteered to answer questions that relate to “Automotive Wooden Interior Trim” - specifically the “Real” wood trim parts found in Jaguars, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls-Royce, Bentleys, BMWs, Jensen Healeys, Austin Healeys, Triumphs - etc. etc. etc.

I do appreciate you asking me a question, however that is NOT in my area expertise.

Should you or any of your fellow automotive enthusiasts have interior wood trim in their vehicles....and IF that wood is having trouble.....I can help.

ALL THAT BEING SAID...I'd bet that a TV or Radio Repair Shop....the Old School kind that are almost non-existant anymore....could help you.  Check with them...because I have seen the insides of lots of stuff like that.....and I believe that a paper material like that is still currently used to Isolate wires etc.  I fix my own electric hand tools and very often, a paper-like material is used in the switch area.....so maybe an old tool from a yard sale or thrift store might have what you need.  Best of luck.

Also for what it is worth, I would think that you might want to search for a classic/vintage car club in your area.  Many folks in clubs are very helpful people and may be able to help you find your answer...making a friend or two in that "world" would be very helpful, especially if you are going to do mechanical work yourself.  Who knows, maybe one of those folks has had the same problem or can assist you personally with the answer to your question.

Thank you....Jeff

(I would appreciate you taking the time to Rate my response....thanks)

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Jeff Wayco