Classic/Antique Car Repair/Brake light

I have a 1972 c10 pick up 350 my brake light. Stays on all the time my brakes are good and no leaks

There are two ways that causes the light to come on. The first is the emergency brake applied and the second is the switch in the pressure differential valve is sensing that the hydraulic pressure in the two system is unequal or that the valve was not centered if the brakes were bled.The first thing that I would do is to lift the e-brake pedal with my toe while holding out the e brake release handle and watch the light. If it goes off then the e brake cables are binding or out of adjustment. If it does not go out disconnect the wire to the switch which is located on the pedal under the dash. If the light goes out replace the switch. If it does not go out then you will have to center the pressure differential switch by installing a special tool to center the valve and bleeding the brakes.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.