Classic/Antique Car Repair/cleaning old gasoline from fuel system

Question
Thanks for your help Vern... I have a 1934 Plymouth PE Deluxe... has been in dry storage for 5 years... need to clean out the fuel system... fuel pump to gas tank... is there any "cleanser" that i can or should use ?... any advice will be appreciated... Robert

Answer
When you said, "Dry Storage" do you mean there are fluids still in the cars?
If so, for how long? If there is gas in the tank that has been sitting for years,
the first thing is to remove and cleaning the gas tank before you even try to start her.

If "Dry Storage" mean, the car has been inside for years with all the fluids still in her (oil,
transmission fluid, anti-freeze, brake fluid and gas), all this will need to be dumped and replaced, if
it's been more than 3 years.

Acetone is a good cleaning solvent for flushing out fuel systems. Even after you start her up,
I would mix a quart of acetone with the first tank of gas to clean the pistons, plugs, and fuel line.

Give a a little more history of the car and the state it is in right now... Thanks.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Vern Bullock