Classic/Antique Car Repair/Fuse pane location on 31 A-Model

No lights ,no horn : I have replaced the Wiring cup at the end of the steering colum ,re-checked the spyder and the contacts still no power  to any of them /it does feel more uniform to all the light settings, but is has to be a fuse :::Can't find the DARN PANEL though???

There might not be a fuse. Certainly no panel. If it was the usual fuse, the car would not start. The normal spot for a fuse is on top of the starter. Look there. Next, get a test light, just a 6 or 12 volt bulb with two leads. It will show you if you have a hot wire or not.  Check the terminal at the generator. It should be hot. There could be an in-line fuse in this wire.  If you have power at the gen, then it is an open circuit down stream of that point, all the way to the light switch at the base of the steering column.
Try that and get back to me.
Now, buy the model a mechanics handbook by les Andrews. About $35 and it will show you everything. Jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm

Only repair type questions on the 1928-1931 Ford Model A.

Owned one when I was 15 yrs old, and now have owned 5. Still own and play with 2 of them.

Oakleaf region of MARC. Model A Restorers Club. I have put several Model A videos on the Oakleaf site that may be of help. Things like how to start the A, how to Time it, how to troubleshoot it.. Go to and you will find them. Also, go to and search for "jackbahm" and you will find over a hundred videos. Many about the Model A and our outings. jack

"More than you need to know about cars." Just a small book for Car Nuts. "Model A Ford Tips and Hints" "Get A Horse" (What to do when Henry's Lady quits on you.) or Snyder's Antique Parts. "Engineering Stuff" (For the Kid who likes to take things apart and get them back together). Kids book for ages 10-16. 2012 Many Model A movies that can be found on

BSME LSU, 1958, Masters of automotive engineering from the Chrysler Institute of engineering, 1960, MBA Mich State, 1976. Worked as an engineer at Chrysler from 1958 to the end of 1991.

Two patents while working in auto industry. Go to this site for my Model A videos.