Classic/Antique Car Repair/Dash light

Question
QUESTION: On instrument panel in 1930 A deluxe roadster I wanted to know if the headlights turned on this light as well?
If so and light does not come on and lamp is working I would need to remove the instrument cover to check wiring and connections, besides the screws holding this panel on how does this get removed to check wiring?
Thank you.

ANSWER: The light switch does not control the panel light.  It is lit, only by pushing to lamp cover inward and twisting it to keep it there.  Take the panel off and see what is happening.  Should be easy to fix.  

QUESTION: Jack thanks so much just want to know I took the four screws out of the instrument panel what else needs to come off of that to get behind it. also since I am a new model a owner your instructional videos were very helpful thank you

ANSWER: Just pull it back.  The speedo cable is attached and you may have to work it a little.  

QUESTION: Jack
Found the black wire for light unattached and connected to yellow/black tracer wire on the amp meter and light works but will not turn off. Anything I need to look at here with regard to on/off? Also seems as if amp meter is not reading properly
Thanks again.

Answer
All you need is power to the black light wire, and you have that.  From here, the switch to turn it off is by turning it counterclockwise and pulling it back a bit.  The cover will come off if you pull too hard, but the light should go off.  This should have nothing to do with the ammeter.   Keep playing with it.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm