Classic/Antique Car Repair/throttle return issue.

Question
I am very new to the 1930 ford I received from my dad a few years back.
The beach spring for the throttle was somewhat reconfigured. It is still there but has little or no use. The hole on where you oil (passenger side) the linkage has a bolt in it. Not tight and does not interfere with the operation of the control rod. There is a return spring hooked to to firewall other end to rod/linkage connection. Works somewhat, but will not pull throttle to full close position. I like your idea of a 2nd return spring. I can
not open the picture you posted. Can you help? I learned a lot by watching your you tube .
Thanx, chuck stuhan   1930 closed cab

Answer
You should buy a new stock spring if you think you can get it to work. I recommend two springs in my video.  Before you do anything, check your rod going to the carb.  It may be a little too long.  If it is, simply but a slight bend in the rod.  It may be all you need.  It might be the rod keeping you from getting a closed throttle.  I had to do this over the weekend when I changed carb's.   Here is the link to my video.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmhHwjGTivY&index=24&list=PLhL36Rc6o5MI5gsZreCrIa0r_fFQcz4R0

I don't remember another picture, but it is a simple spring hooked to the idle set screw and down to a fender bolt where I made a small brkt to hook it to.  On the video, I have a rigid oil pressure line I hooked it to.
Do the bent rod trick first and see if that helps.  Get back to me if you need help.  jack  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm