Classic/Antique Car Repair/electric fuel pumps in a dynamic system

I have an 87 Ford F-250 with a carburated 351w. I would like to use an electric fuel pump instead of the mechanical OEM. I have run across a few articles describing the use of an oil pressure switch with a relay to power the pump only when the engine is cranking or running.
My question for your expertise is this, " What would i have to do to the system described in the link above to achive a three-second fuel pump run time when i first turn the ignition switch to the run posistion?"
Essentially I am attempting to create a fuel system that operates much like a modern one on my carbureted engine. One that will kill power to the pump in the event the engine stalls, but will run when i turn the key on, but before the engine begins cranking, or builds oil pressure, to decrease my crank time.
Thank you for your time.

The system from the book is the one that I have used for years and it has worked well. The system that turns the pump on for a specified time is controlled by the engines computer. I am sure that in some engineers catalog is a company the ma it's tires and sells timed relays.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.