Classic/Antique Car Repair/electric fuel pumps in a dynamic system

Question
I have an 87 Ford F-250 with a carburated 351w. I would like to use an electric fuel pump instead of the mechanical OEM. I have run across a few articles describing the use of an oil pressure switch with a relay to power the pump only when the engine is cranking or running. http://www.how-to-build-hotrods.com/electric-fuel-pump.html
My question for your expertise is this, " What would i have to do to the system described in the link above to achive a three-second fuel pump run time when i first turn the ignition switch to the run posistion?"
Essentially I am attempting to create a fuel system that operates much like a modern one on my carbureted engine. One that will kill power to the pump in the event the engine stalls, but will run when i turn the key on, but before the engine begins cranking, or builds oil pressure, to decrease my crank time.
Thank you for your time.

Answer
The system from the book is the one that I have used for years and it has worked well. The system that turns the pump on for a specified time is controlled by the engines computer. I am sure that in some engineers catalog is a company the ma it's tires and sells timed relays.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears