Classic Country/Bayou baby song

Kathy wrote at 2009-08-30 21:35:18
A Dutch duo named AG and Kate do a song called Bayou Lullaby. I believe it is the one you are looking for. Starts out "They say she's crazy and that may be. She sits in the swamp neath the same old tree and sings her Cajun melody to a rag doll make believe baby." AG and Kate have a website www.agandkate.com i believe. I was looking for the lyrics when I found your post.  Good luck hunting!

Bayou Baby wrote at 2010-01-06 02:47:06
my family actually sings this one as a lullaby, and I think we know the majority of the verses. I have also been looking for an actual recording of this song as well out of curiosity. i was told it was performed by someone named Buffalo Billy? I dont want to post the lyrics here in case its a no no with copyright laws, butthe above follow up answer  was the same song i am referring to.

Bayou Baby wrote at 2010-01-06 03:09:11
my mistake! I meant that this version that you are looking for IS actually sung in the clint eastwood movie "Bronco Billy". not buffalo billy...

organaj wrote at 2010-08-09 11:16:54
The song you're looking for is "Bayou Baby, A Cajun Lullaby" by Eddy Arnold...a classic country song. Good luck finding it!

Flo Murdock wrote at 2010-10-24 12:09:56
If indeed the song is the one from Bronco Billy (and the time period seems to be right) just try to get a Bronco Billy soundtrack.  Bayou Lullaby on the soundtrack is by Penny DeHaven.

Scepter wrote at 2011-04-03 06:49:44
the song was performed by penny de haven for the bronco billy sound track.  

Danielle wrote at 2011-08-26 16:28:21
That song is indeed from Bronco Billy. My grandfather is the songwriter.

Susan wrote at 2012-07-19 12:39:27
The song is Bayou Baby (a Cajun lullabyn)  my mother had it on the album "When They Were Young" by Eddie Arnold.  I am not positive of all the lyrics but some of them were:  Oh the scissor tail roost on the telephone pole, when the evening is old and the bayou is cold.  Then we got a lot of a fishing to do tomorrow I'll come back to you.  Oh bayou my baby on the bayou tonight when a catie (?) did serenade my shiro sleep tight and dream of tomorrow when fishing is through I'll fly oer the bayou to you.  When the old horn owls in the piney woods yell don't worry by belle my sweet madimosele cause everythings gonna be sasa burre tomorrow for you and for me.  Oh bayou my baby on the bayou tonight etc............  some of the words are french so I'm not sure if they are correct or spelt correctly....good luck.  I am trying to track down the album.  If you have anything to share I would appreciate it.  

pete wrote at 2013-02-01 16:16:03
I first heard this song on the Johnny Cash TV Show, 1970? Or before. Female singer. Fell in love with the song. Remembered 1st lyric as posted, but never heard the song again. I shipped out overseas soon after and remember singing it in the barracks. jars from Louisiana loved it.

Classic Country

Trooper