Classic Film/Miracle on 34th Street

jdetusche wrote at 2011-12-10 01:10:09
I remember the scene when I watched the movie in my childhood.  I always wondered why they cut it from the movie.

Frank wrote at 2011-12-14 01:18:04
I remember that scene too about the real football helmet in the Miracle on 34th Street.

I have not seen it since I was a kid and all the videos (VHF, DVD) do not have it.  My wife thinks she saw it too but she's not 100% sure (she's younger that I am).

I'd really like to find it.

nwflyer04 wrote at 2011-12-20 14:10:59
Why do we all remember this but no one can validate our memory of this scene.  I remember it vividly.  It was such an important part of the movie.  Every year I go nuts trying to find someone that knows which version it was in and why it was removed.  The problem is the folks who would really know are no longer with us.

Donna wrote at 2013-12-24 05:55:21
I remember the same scene with the football helmet and I can't find it in any of the films either. I was told it was probably a director's cut but I have not found that. I thought it was a great part of the movie and most people have never seen it. Here is a forum that talks about the deleted scenes in the movie.

PattieG wrote at 2015-12-20 23:49:43
I also recall there was a scene toward the end where the boy gets his official football helmut and his lawyer Father says he did not have time to get it.  I have been searching for this un cut version for years!  Why else would the boy talk about that and his Father say "oh, I have to get that footbll helmut"mand run out of the court.  In my opinion an awful decision to cut because it supports the Joy that Kris might be Santa.  Yes...there was that scene in the original!

Classic Film

I can answer questions about classic Christmas films, cartoons and horror films. I can also offer my reviews of the latest DVDs and answer film trivia.

studyed film history and love watching Christmas and horror classic films.

Jimmy Stewart Museum and Rod Serling Foundation

associate of science degree in film/video production