Classic Film/Charlton Heston AFI award

Did the AFI ever give Charlton Heston a lifetime achievement award and ceremony and wasit/is it availuable to purchase, I can't find anywhere. If they did not why do you suppose they did not. Thanks for your input.

No- Heston never received one.
I think his work with the NRA may have hurt him in Hollywood frankly.
Plus- though he was a major star, he really only made a handful of truly great films.
AFI tends to reward only the very biggest stars and directors...people like Jimmy Cagney and John Ford.

Classic Film

John Farr

I can answer most any question on classic movies, and also have a thorough grounding in independent, foreign and documentary film. My focus is on feature length titles.

Our website ( isolates over 2,400 of the best movies on DVD. I am the founder and editor. As a film commentator I have appeared on CNN and The Ron Reagan Show.

Co-founder, The Avon Theatre Film Center, Stamford, CT.

I am a weekly film columnist on the Huffington Post, and previously wrote for the Tribune Company. I authored "the 100 Greatest Train Movies" published by "Trains" Magazine.

BA, Princeton University, English major.

Honorary Award, The Avon Theatre Film Center, Stamford, CT.