Classic Film/old war movie

I  remember watching a movie years 45....and it was brothers fighting in war but also i remember it showing them as kids too.  I remember one scene they were kids playing with swords and  around a suit of armour. I thought on of the names i remember was Bo Jess.  Have no clue of the correct spelling.  I think some of the war scenes were in the desert.  I remember crying when atleast one of the brothers died.  Thanks for any help

Hi Angie,

Thanks for your question. You actually almost had the title of the film in Your description !!
The main character's name,(played by Gary Cooper), BEAU GESTE, which is the title of the 1939 film!
It had an all-star cast, including Ray Milland and Robert Preston as Beau's brothers, and also Brian Donlevy, and Susan Hayward.  It was a great success in 1939 (having first been made as a 1926 silent movie),...and was later remade in color in 1966.

To read the complete story line,...go to:
At the top, be sure to click on "Read Full Synopsis.

The VHS and DVD are both available at :

Jim K.

Classic Film

Jim Kason

Questions on classic films of the late 30's, 40's and 50's, especially the musicals.

Started going to films with my parents when I was two,..and when growing up..I usually saw 4 movies a week! I especially loved the musicals.

BA in "Speech and Drama" San Jose State Univ. MFA in "Theatre Arts/Acting" tanford Univ.