Classic Film/Name of movie

Question
It's about the daughter of the town's drug store.  She has a brief encounter with a pilot who's a war hero.  He dies and she finds out she is pregnant.  The child is then raised by her former boyfriend and his wife.  The mother watches the grow up with the child never knowing she is her mother.  What is the name of the movie?

Answer
Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your question.  I'm pretty sure the film you're looking for is the classic war-time
"tear-jerker",...Paramount's 1946 "To Each His Own" starring Olivia de Havilland and John Lund.

It's available on VHS and DVD at Amazon,...and you can read the plot of the film at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Each_His_Own_%28film%29

Sincerely,
Jim K

Classic Film

Jim Kason