Classic Film/old 40/50 ghost movie

Question
hi  sorry to ask but I am trying to find a  old b&w  ghost movie
where two ghosts one a old man and one  young lady  came out of a tree  after it was hit by lighting
the old ghost lies to drink and goes into bottles and sings  for tonight  we merry merry be for tonight we merry merry be  for tomorrow we be sober
and I think the  young ghost falls in love with the  man in the story
thanks paul

Answer
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your question.  Yes, I'm pretty sure I've got the answer.  The film is one that I recall seeing when I was just a little kid,...and was intrigued by.  It's the 1942 Paramount film, "I Married a Witch" starring Veronica Lake and Frederic March. ( Cecil Kellaway played the old drunken spirit.)
You can read the complete story at :  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I Married a Witch.  Also more info at www.IMDB.com.  
If you want to purchase a copy,..since I think it's "out of print",..there may be old VHS copies on sale at Amazon,...maybe some expensive DVDs.  And there's always eBay to check out, too.

Sincerely,
Jim K.

Classic Film

Jim Kason