Classic Film/Wapakoneta

A movie from the 1940's I believe, had a scene where a sign appeared with Wapakoneta on it. It may have been a train station. Also, it may have been a Dudley Nichols film. What was the name of the movie.

Hi Don,

Thanks for your question.  Could the movie you're looking for be the 1940 MGM comedy,
"Third Finger, Left Hand" starring Myrna Loy and Melvyn Douglas??

If you go to the Turner Classic Movies site, (TCM), you can watch the original trailer film clip,...and at the very end, when Loy and Douglas are embracing, you can see Part of a train station sign'that starts off : "Wapa....". :

Also, can read the full synopsis at :,_Left_Hand

The film is available on DVD at:  Warner Bros.Archive Collection;...or TCM;...or Amazon.

Jim K.

Classic Film

Jim Kason

Questions on classic films of the late 30's, 40's and 50's, especially the musicals.

Started going to films with my parents when I was two,..and when growing up..I usually saw 4 movies a week! I especially loved the musicals.

BA in "Speech and Drama" San Jose State Univ. MFA in "Theatre Arts/Acting" tanford Univ.