Classic Film/Navy,Romance, Kid with flashlight

Hi ya.

Well the Subject pretty much sums it up. I saw this move sometime in the late 60's on t.v. There is a single mum with a son. The son sends a message from the window with a flash light to the naval ships in the harbour. A sailor see this and suggests to one of the officers that it is a distress call. Officer investigates and romance ensues with mum.

Hi Chris,
After I'd read your question again, I suddenly recalled a film which Might be the one you're asking about.  Anyway, its plot is close enough to your description.  It's about a widow with three sons, one of which sends an S.O.S.signal.   It's the 1963 MGM film "A Ticklish Affair" starring Shirley Jones, Gig Young and Red Buttons.
You can get a bit more info at:
For the full plot, click on "Read The Full Synopsis" at the TCM site:
Unfortunately,  ( and surprisingly), the film hasn't been released on DVD or VHS,…but probably is shown from time to time on the TCM channel.
Jim K.

Classic Film

Jim Kason

Questions on classic films of the late 30's, 40's and 50's, especially the musicals.

Started going to films with my parents when I was two,..and when growing up..I usually saw 4 movies a week! I especially loved the musicals.

BA in "Speech and Drama" San Jose State Univ. MFA in "Theatre Arts/Acting" tanford Univ.