Classic Film/Black and White Movie about enlightenment

Question
Talking with friends about old movies that deal with the east - e.g. Lost Horizon about Shangri-la.  But there is a movie I saw years ago that I cannot remember either the title or the lead actor.  Troubled young aristocrat goes to the east and finds enlightenment.  Comes home and impresses his friends and family with his new knowledge.  Think it's an American film from the 40's - saw it on the Late Show years ago.

Answer
Hello Matthew.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I believe the film you're looking for is the popular 1946 20th Century Fox film, "The Razor's Edge" starring   Tyrone Power, Gene Tierney, John Payne, Anne Baxter, Clifton Webb, and Herbert Marshall.
You can read the full story at: http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/87754/The-Razor-s-Edge/
And be sure to click on:  "Read The Full Synopsis."  It's available on DVD at Amazon .com

Sincerely,
Jim K.  

Classic Film

Jim Kason