Classic Film/Classic Movie title

What is the name of the b&w movie that has an ugly female who wears a Halloween beauty mask and becomes beautiful?  Thx

Hi Lucy,  Thanks for your question. I'm pleased to say it's one I can answer easily, since it's always been one of my favorite "fantasy" films, from Universal Pictures,…the 1943 movie, "Flesh and Fantasy".  It consisted of three separate stories, with different stars in each,…and the one you've asked about was the First story, starring Robert Cummings and Betty field, two popular film stars of the 40's.  (believe it or not, I saw it as a small child, and that first segment,…with its masks, etc.,…. made an impression on me.
You can read about it at :,……..and also:
It's available on DVD at :

Jim K.

Classic Film

Jim Kason

Questions on classic films of the late 30's, 40's and 50's, especially the musicals.

Started going to films with my parents when I was two,..and when growing up..I usually saw 4 movies a week! I especially loved the musicals.

BA in "Speech and Drama" San Jose State Univ. MFA in "Theatre Arts/Acting" tanford Univ.