Classic Film/Old movie

Hi Jim, When I was a child, 50 years ago, I saw a film of a young woman, brunette, who lost her child and became a governess, nanny to other children.  I believe at the last scene she was called "LuLu' or Looloo.
I'd love to find that film.. I've never forgotten it, but I don't know the title or the actress.

Hello Ellen,
Thanks for your question.  Yes I know the film you're referring to.  I believe the original was made in the 30's,..but the more well known one is the 1951 film "The Blue Veil" starring Jane Wyman and Charles Laughton.
You can read the story line at :
When you view that page, be sure to click on :"Read the full synopsis",..way at the top over to the right.
Although the film was notreleasedprofessionally on DVD, Can get a Copy at:

Jim K

Classic Film

Jim Kason

Questions on classic films of the late 30's, 40's and 50's, especially the musicals.

Started going to films with my parents when I was two,..and when growing up..I usually saw 4 movies a week! I especially loved the musicals.

BA in "Speech and Drama" San Jose State Univ. MFA in "Theatre Arts/Acting" tanford Univ.