Classic Film/Older Film

Question
There is a film I recall seeing that was about a family in the country during the summer.  The mother was getting pies or some other baked goods ready for a contest at the county fair and the father has a prized pig that he is either getting ready for the fair or going to sell it.  And I remember there was something about their daughter and a boy.  If you can help I would be really grateful.  Normally I have no trouble eventually figuring out the names of movies but cant find out what the name was at all.

Answer
Hi Justin,

Thanks for your question.  Yes, I DO know thw film you've described.  It actually was made Three times,…so I don't know which version you saw.
The title is "State Fair" and the first was filmed in 1933.  It was basically a comedy/drama starring the popular Will Rogers,..and Janet Gaynor and Lew Ayers.
It was remade as a 20th Century Fox Technicolor musical musical in 1945, with songs by Rodgers and Hammerstein ( including "It Might As Well Be Spring" and "It's A Grand Night For Singing"),..and starred Jeanne Crain, Dana Andrews, Dick Haymes and Vivian Blaine.  Then in 1962, 20th
remade the musical again, with additional songs by R.Rodgers, starring Pat Boone, Ann-Margret,  Bobby Darin, Alice Faye and Tom Ewell.
You can look them all up on Google.  
I don't believe the 1933 version is on VHS or DVD,…..but the 1945 version is on DVD.  The 1962 version May be available at Amazon.com,
perhaps aon a double DVD along with the 1945 version.

Sincerely,
Jim K.

Classic Film

Jim Kason