Classic Film/name of film

probably 30 or 40 years ago I saw a movie in which a man was driving a Chrysler product across the country. The cops eventually started chasing him and he headed across the desert, was bitten by a snake, saved by a old guy living in the desert and eventually came into a town where people were on both sides of the road and the street was blocked by 2 larger bulldozers {the cops thought they had him).  Having limited options he just hit the dozers full speed ahead.  Do you have any idea what the name of the movie was?

Hello Gary,

That was a 1971 film titled "Vanishing Point". It starred Barry Newman as the car driver and the car was a Dodge Challenger R/T 440 Magnum. Have a look at the following sites for extra information.  

Classic Film

A moviegoer for fifty years, I will attempt to answer practically anything that deals directly with films (silents and talkies), directors, actors etc..... If you can take the trouble to ask it...then I will spend the time to try and answer it.

Ex-Cinema Manager and Film Publicist with a lifelong love of movies/