Classic Film/B/W movie

Would love to find the movie title about a family (or, one member of the family) that won a radio contest that consisted of a number of prizes.  I  believe they ultimately had to sell some/all of the prizes for some reason.  It's a B/W movie probably from the late '30's or '40's.  Can you help?

The Jackpot
The Jackpot  
Hi there Rick,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you,...but I'm pretty sure that I know the film you're looking for.  I remember seeing it when I was a kid, and thinking it was hilarious.
It's the 2oth Century Fox, 1950 film, "THE JACKPOT", starring James(Jimmy) Stewart and Barbara
Hale,...with Natalie Wood and Tommy Rettig as their kids.

You can read more about it at:
And it's available on DVD at :

Jim K.

Classic Film

Jim Kason

Questions on classic films of the late 30's, 40's and 50's, especially the musicals.

Started going to films with my parents when I was two,..and when growing up..I usually saw 4 movies a week! I especially loved the musicals.

BA in "Speech and Drama" San Jose State Univ. MFA in "Theatre Arts/Acting" tanford Univ.