Classic Film/Movie title

Question
A doctor wants to leave his wife for another but she won't divorce him. A man dies in the doctors office. Doctor puts dead man in his car and pushes it over a hill knowing it will look as if the doctor is dead.
He has an accident which leaves him scarred and he can't be a doctor. The end of the movie the doctors returns and is in court.
This is a black & white film made 1925-1939.
Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Judy,
Thanks for your question.  I believe I know the movie you're looking for,...although this black and white film is from a later time period than the years you mention.  At any rate, it's plot is exactly what you've described.
It's the Warner Brothers Studio's 1947 film, "Nora Prentiss" starring Ann Sheridan, Kent Smith, and Bruce Bennett, and a host of other Warner Bros. favorite actors.
You can read more at:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nora_Prentiss,...and also at www.IMDb. com.
The film is available on DVD at www.Amazon.com.
Sincerely, Jim K.   :)

Classic Film

Jim Kason