Classic Film/Which movie has this plot?

QUESTION: I saw this movie in a cinema in Gibraltar in the early seventies but I don't remember what it's called or who starred in it.  The story is about a man who comes home f(fron the war ?) to find that his family have been killed by a gang of about 30 commancheros.  So he gets a another couple of guys and between them they dispose of the gang one by one.
Does this ring any bells?

The Revengers
The Revengers  
The Revengers
The Revengers  
ANSWER: Hello Lee,

Several films have been made with similar storylines, but, from your description, I'd have to say that it sounds a lot like a 1972 film called "The Revengers", which starred William Holden and Ernest Borgnine.

Have a look here ........

QUESTION: Ok.. I watched it, but it wasn't the one after all .. In the movie I'm thinking of, the commancheros are on the move, and two or three men pick them off one by one.. Any other ideas?

Hello Lee,

Sorry that wasn't the one.

Now, there are afew other films that come to mind that have similar, but not exactly the same, storylines. You could check out the following John Wayne films: "The Searchers" (1956), "Big Jake" (1971). There was also a film called "Sartana Does Not Forgive" (1968), but I think, from memory, they were trailing a band of Mexicans, rather than Comancheros.

As I said, they all have some similarities, but none are exactly the same. Here are some links that might help.......

I'll give this one some more thought, and if I come up with a better answer for you, I'll let you know.

Classic Film

A moviegoer for fifty years, I will attempt to answer practically anything that deals directly with films (silents and talkies), directors, actors etc..... If you can take the trouble to ask it...then I will spend the time to try and answer it.

Ex-Cinema Manager and Film Publicist with a lifelong love of movies/