Classic Film/MOVIE NAME

I remember growing up in the 80's watching this movie with a the star driving a racecar on the road and they had this other demon car that races and catches other cars and in some way take the racing parts from the other cars 'spiritually'.

The star gets nightmares from this until eventually having to race this same demon car at the end.

I know its not much bit i hope you can help me with the name of this movie.

Hello Chester,

The only film that I can think of that comes anywhere near to the one you remember is a 1977 film called "The Car". The basic storyline was that of "a mysterious black, sleek automobile that terrorizes everyone it comes into contact with in a small town in Utah. The local sheriff may be the only person who can stop this menace which has been possessed by pure evil."

Have a look here:  

Classic Film

A moviegoer for fifty years, I will attempt to answer practically anything that deals directly with films (silents and talkies), directors, actors etc..... If you can take the trouble to ask it...then I will spend the time to try and answer it.

Ex-Cinema Manager and Film Publicist with a lifelong love of movies/