Classic Jazz/unkown singer

hello  how are you?  i am from france, so sorry for my bad english, i want to ask about a song that i can't find, i heard it on the television series crime story 1986, but immposible to get soundtrack ,  i describe you a song, i think it's a black singer , lyrics are: please forgive me , you know it's true i don't want none none else but you, now the key, key to my heart is in your hands, ohhhhhh night at night i try , tryed to find a little peace to ease my world , use the heartache you left behind with that dirty lon............. , thanks if you can help me. i put a little peace of song on youtube;

I've done quite a bit of research, but have no real conclusions.  I did find this website and they have started a list of the songs on the show.  If you know the name of the episode where you heard the song it would be very helpful.  Hope this helps.

Classic Jazz

Guy Percy

I can answer questions on jazz theory, artists, styles, etc. I am a bass player, but I have a good knowledge of all the instruments.

I have been a bass player for over 20 years. I am an active Jazz musician in my area.

BM Jazz Performance BA Music Ed MA Music Composition