Classic Jazz/George Benson

Question
why is 'the other side of abby road' by George Benson so ignored, even when reviewing his discography, it is by far his best Jazz album?

Answer
Hello,
 This is a very subjective question.  I believe that it is ignored because it was that time when Benson was making a transition over to pop and away from traditional jazz and standards.  The jazz field was full of recordings of pop and rock songs at the time, but many purists find it hard to accept.  Many I know consider the songs to be below the musician's abilities and dismiss it without really listening to it in context.  I personally like the album, but I think his best jazz album was the George Benson Cookbook.  Having Benson playing melodies with Ronnie Cuber(bari sax) is powerful.  I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Guy

Classic Jazz

Guy Percy